Millions of children and adults suffer Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). ADHD can manifest itself in the form of:
- Hyperactivity/ Impulsivity
Inattention may become apparent when a child starts school and in adults it may become apparent in work or social settings.
A person with an inattentive form of ADHD must have at 6 of the following symptoms
- Failure to pay attention to detail and making careless mistakes
- Inability to stay on task
- Unable to listen when spoken to directly
- Inability to follow instructions and finish schoolwork, chores or duties in the workplace.
- Inability to organize activities and tasks
- Avoidance of tasks that require sustained attention
- Often loses things necessary for tasks or activities
- Easily distracted